Last updated June 2022
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all personal data, in respect of which we are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation. We have very strict internal controls over how data is handled both through our application as well as on the servers where the data is hosted.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation. Acme Graphics Limited, trading as Acme Ecards is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you. We are a UK limited company (Company No. 4924894) with registered office at 35 Wick Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 9DN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• When you purchase services from us at www.acme-ecards.com, we may ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
• Information that you may provide by filling in forms on our website at www.acme-ecards.com (‘Website’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, placing any order, posting or sending us material or requesting further services or other support. We may also ask you for additional information if or when we offer any competitions or other promotions on the Website, or if you report a problem with the Website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Acme Ecards may also collect information regarding your visit to www.acme-ecards.com This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies and/or certain types of cookies, including cookies which are not essential for the operation of our Site. However, if you select this setting and disable cookies which are essential for the operation of our Site, you may be unable to access all or certain parts of our Site. You will be given separate guidance on the deployment and use of essential and non-essential cookies when you first use our Site and you may elect at that stage to accept or reject certain types of cookies.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us may be stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, such as games, offers, competitions or promotions, should you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In connection with the provision of Services, including (without limitation) the provision of hosting and maintenance relating to the Website and processing, clearance and screening of any orders placed by you and any related payments and/or refunds.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and you will have the opportunity to opt out should you so wish. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you give your consent to any usage, you may withdraw it at any time.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
35 Wick Road
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This, however, may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||Whether or not caching can be used.|
|__ATUVC||AddThis allows you to easily share content on Social Networks.|
|XTC||AddThis allows you to easily share content on Social Networks.|
|UID||AddThis allows you to easily share content on Social Networks.|
|UIT||AddThis allows you to easily share content on Social Networks.|
|NID||Used by Google for services such as Maps and Analytics.|
|LOC||AddThis allows you to easily share content on Social Networks.|